Wicklow Senior Football Manager John Evans Exclusive Interview With Bill Hill
1. Where is home for you and what do you think of the Garden County so far?
I live in Killorglin, home of Laune Rangers and the Puck Fair
2. Behind every good man is a better woman or in Bills case there’s a Bill behind a lot of great women! Who is your First Lady and is she a big GAA fan?
Bridie is the boss, I stole her from fierce neighbouring rivals Beaufort but she had little interest in the GAA.
3. Did you ever play football yourself and what success did you have?
Played Kerry minor, U21, and Senior.
4. What’s your favourite song and if we manage another championship win will you serenade the Wicklow team in dressing room with a rendition of it?
“Don’t give up till its over” by The Dubliners. Absolutely😉
5. Have you ever been to Amish Barndarrig?
I’ve been to Barndarrig and coached Jack McCaul and Adam Wynne but they’re not Amish😉
6. Have you seen the Legendary Don Jackman in action and if we win against the Dubs would you bring back Don Jackman into the squad for the Leinster Semi Final?
I’ve heard of Don Jackman, I would love to have a young player simulate his exploits on Saturday.
7. Could Leighton Glynn not be talked backed into throwing on the boots?
Tried to coax Leighton Glynn back but Staff wouldn’t have it.
8. How long does it take you to drive from the Kingdom to the Garden?
Four hours travel to Wicklow. Tough going as I pick up a couple of lads in Limerick and Tipp.
9. Will Ashford be Great Again?
Thomas Kearns to lead Ashford back to the top.
10. What’s your opinion on the Wexicans?
The Wexicans can go the whole way but not until 2019
11. Where can we improve on strengthening the GAA in County Wicklow?
Create a conveyor belt of youth from 18 years old to 23 years old.
12. Which Wicklow Player would you like to go on the beer with?
Rory Finn would last the longest. But I would have Ross O Brien driving us.
13. Do you think Mark Jackson has a robotic leg?
Mark is already a teenage sensation and is pulling like mad.
14. Who would be your dream woman?
15. Who in your opinion is or was the best ever Wicklow Footballer (Excluding Don)
16. Your favourite Wicklow GAA person so far?
Donal McGillicuddy (Snr)
17. Which part of County Wicklow are you most fond of?
I like Wicklow cause it is very like Kerry with its mountains, valleys, rivers and Woodlands, and of course the Sea.
If we do manage to beat the communion money out of the Cavan lads on Saturday then Bill, John, Rory and our Designated Driver Ross along with the Wicklow team and the Cavan bois if they are up for it will be doing a whistle stop tour of the pubs of Wicklow on Saturday night and all are welcome to join us, the Cavan lads are buying the first round in Aughrim* (*Miracles Do Happen)😉