1. Which teammates sibling would you swipe right on Tinder for and why?
Lorcan Tyrell – There are just so many options in that family! 😍 But in the end I’d be aiming for the better looking, better athlete and better twin, Kevin. Apart from all the above reasons Kevin looks set to inherit the farm as Lorcan hasn’t done a days work since the summer of ‘99.
2. What teammate do you think believes they have the best chance of a modelling career?
Most of the lads are very, very ugly but there are a few who fancy themselves. Garry Bradley starts training with no top on by the middle of Feb even though the rest of the lads are still wearing jumpers and woolly hats because he says it’s too hot but really just likes to get the guns out. Declan Whelan (Sticks) could probably be the model on a box of 20 fags for encouraging people not to smoke. Peanut head on him.
3. The most embarrassing thing to happen to you in your time with the club?
I started training with the Junior A team when I was 15 and at my first training session Paddy Byrne whispered in my ear during a drill that he was going to ‘tip m*ckeys’ with me in the showers after the session. I thought about just getting a shower at home but just in case it was some initiation ritual I summoned the courage to join all the older lads in the showers. In the end it wasn’t a ritual, just an early insight into the sick mind of a budding paedophile. On a separate note I’d like to take this moment to wish Paddy and Sinead all the best after their recent nuptials.
4. What club do you most enjoy playing against and why?
Rathnew – The bigger they are….
5. Favourite moment playing for your club?
Watching the aforementioned Paddy Byrne swinging over the last kick of the game to win the championship in 2016 was a good one but I’d have to say seeing Ronan Byrne (Breadman) punch an opposition player in the back of the head and break his own hand has to be the standout moment for me. Red card then followed. 😂
6. Should pineapples be on Pizzas?
Definitely not. No veg either. Meat feast all the way.
7. Which player would you trust with your sister and why?
If I had a sister then Declan Whelan (Rana). She would be in for a night of romance and non stops laughs. Just an all round nice guy.
8. Which player would you not trust with your sister and why?
Damien Byrne has told me ever since we were chaps that if I had a sister she would be first of all very ugly, then very easy and he would definitely ride her just to get one over on me so I’d have to do my best to keep him away from her.
9. Who was the toughest player you ever marked?
Scoby Dalton for Kiltegan just for the pure relentlessness of the slaps to the balls and the fingers up the bum. He would give Paddy Byrne a run for his money.
10. What club in Wicklow would you have liked to play for if you weren’t a proud Knockananna man and why?
The old heads in Knockananna wouldn’t be happy with this but I’d have to say Ballymanus. Those lads know a good session and go abroad as a team together every year. I think in Knockananna 5 of us made it to Gorey for a night out together after training on Curracloe beach. Lightweights.