1. Which Refereeing Colleague would you most like to give the marching orders too?
Wouldn’t say there’s anyone of my colleagues whom I’d like to see marched off. Although, just thinking again and possibly could think of one person but that’s where I’ll leave it 😉😉😉
2. What fellow referee do you think has the best chance of a modelling career?
There seems to be a bit of a trend developing here but I’m going to repay the compliment and winner 🥇🥇 by a country mile is the one and only Anto Nolan. I feel sorry for poor Catriona as she is probably the one who has to wait on him to be all dolled up before a night out.
3. The most embarrassing thing to happen to you in your time refereeing?
Has to be while refereeing Kehoe Cup Final in 2013, Kildare v Meath. Paul Divilly from Kildare drove a low ball and hit me straight in the 🥜🥜🥜🥜🥜. Sorest thing ever. 😢😢😢😢
4. What’s the funniest thing you’ve been called in your refereeing career?
Too many to mention.
5. Favourite moment refereeing?
I’ve had many great memories so far but All Ireland Minor Final of 2016 has to be right up there.
6. Should pineapples be on Pizzas?
All day long. Fruit and meat, what’s not to like??? 🍍🍍🍍🥓🥓🥓🥓
7. What club do you not like referring and why?
I enjoy refereeing all the teams. Always have. Bit of friendly chat never hurts anyone.
8. When you go to battle in Aughrim in championship which two linesmen do you not want with you & why?
There’s no one really but one thing that does get on my nerves is having someone on the line who doesn’t bring the same level of interest to their game as they should have. We all want to be refereeing but we have to help out too so no point in standing on line sulking if you’re not the man in the middle.
9. What was the toughest game you ever reffed?
I’d have to day SHC Final in Wicklow in 2009. It was my first senior final after two years of refereeing and Carnew v Glenealy was by far a tough one. Players knew I was probably nervous in my first final and tested me in every way possible. 🇺🇦🇦🇹
10. What player gave you the most lip over the years?
Refereed JAFC between Baltinglass and Kilmac I think and it was probably one of Mr. Anthony Nolans last appearances in the white and green and not that he was giving out or anything but let’s just say he done a lot if refereeing that day too 👼👼👼