1. Which Refereeing Colleague would you most like to give the marching orders too?
None of them. Fitness isn’t great amongst the refs so even asking some of them to march could be pushing it a bit.
2. What fellow referee do you think has the best chance of a modelling career?
Anto is streets ahead here. It costs Peter Case a small fortune buying cigarettes to smoke while waiting around outside the dressingrooms after games for him to perfect the look. I’m convinced its the raw carrots he eats that has him looking so good and is also the reason he is so sharp on the field, he misses nothing. Regular Bugs Bunny is our Anto.
3. The most embarrassing thing to happen to you in your time refereeing?
Got caught in a poor position one day from a kick-out and to save myself getting sandwiched between two monster midfielders I just sailed up about 6 foot in the air caught the ball. Plenty of confusion then I can tell you.
4. What’s the funniest thing you’ve been called in your refereeing career?
Far too many to mention, you can’t beat a bit of originality every now and again. Most of them have been over used time at this stage.
5. Favourite moment refereeing?
No real favourite but reffing on county final day is hard to beat. The St Pats v Rathnew game in the second round 2013 was a good game and had a crazy ending with James Stafford netting seconds after Brian Coen did for Pats, to win it for Rathnew. Those two always serve up good battles.
6. Should pineapples be on Pizzas?
What are Pizzas?
7. What club do you not like referring and why?
Tinahely. Tough men down around those parts.
8. When you go to battle in Aughrim in championship which two linesmen do you not want with you & why?
That lad that Garreth mentioned always trying to ref it from the line when we use the radios and after that I dont really mind but not everybody wants to do the line.
9. What was the toughest game you ever reffed?
League final 2008 Carnew v Newtown wasn’t too easy. Freezing cold night in Roundwood so they decided to indulge in some extracurricular activities to keep warm. Not nice having to get out of that place as fast as you can when its minus 5 after dishing out 8 red cards.
10. What player gave you the most lip over the years?
Never really had a problem with too much lip. Sure if you are going to give it you better be prepared to take it is my motto. Nothing wrong with players wanting to win and showing a bit of passion as long as they don’t come up with a new insult that pisses me off!