1. Which Refereeing Colleague would you most like to give the marching orders too?
Have to be Bozz🙄 he never listens to me, he knows it all & he’s always right no matter how feckin wrong he is🤷♂️
2. What fellow referee do you think has the best chance of a modelling career?
This has to go to John Keenan, jaysus he thinks he’s lovely when he goes out onto the field ya swear he was goin to a fashion show, loves his colours, yellow boots, pink whistles, his yellow jersey which he never takes off him I’d say he sleeps in it
3. The most embarrassing thing to happen to you in your time refereeing?
Was reffin one Sunday morning in Bray & I was out the night before (as u do) the game was played at a very high pace, the sweat was cutting the two eyes out of me I made a sudden burst down the field with the whistle in me mouth, puked into the whistle, went to blow it for a free but that never happened, the whistle was full of carrots why is there always carrots Bill why???
4. What’s the funniest thing you’ve been called in your refereeing career?
Jayus there a few of them Bill ok ya have the blind c..t, ya useless c..t, Wicklow b.l.x, Balto Grange con, but I suppose the funniest was a Rathnew c..t jayus bill as they say I don’t know where I’m from🙄
5. Favourite moment refereeing?
Leinster Final this year Dublin v Kildare wasn’t a bother on me not a bit of nerves, then they played the national anthem, my god I nearly shit meself 66,666 people it was time to shit or get off the pot then bill🙈
6. Should pineapples be on Pizzas?
Good god no Bill
7. What club do you not like referring and why?
Jayus how long u got Bill I played against all of them so to answer your question. All of them 😤
8. When you go to battle in Aughrim in championship which two linesmen do you not want with you and why?
Just Ould Liam Keenan u wouldn’t get a sniff of a biscuit or a cup of tea at half time with him.
9. What was the toughest game you ever reffed?
Outside the county all games with the northern teams are tough. Inside the county the Intermediate final AGB v Ballinacor it went to the wire, toughest & most spectacular finish to a game, the broadcasting went viral.
10. What player gave you the most lip over the years?
Ah the lads are ok Bill, but the retired Barry Mernagh of Rathnew only ever reffed him once and that was enough! But every time I have a game he always has some opinion of the way I referee! But as ya know he’s always been a mouth 😂